- The Democratic Speaker single-handedly killed the Protection of Marriage Amendment;
- The Democratic Speaker allowed not even ONE piece of pro-life legislation;
- The Democratic Speaker again allowed another expansion of gaming in more than 16,000 new facilities, bars and restaurants across the State.
- The Democratic Speaker also allowed St. Joseph County’s debt to remain outside the Constitutional caps on homeowner’s property taxes, and passing the burden to already over-burdened tax payers!
- The Democratic Speaker killed every bill that I filed on behalf of District 21 that was “pro-gun owner” or “pro-2nd Amendment”.
As you can see, many family and socially conservative issues have been ignored by the folks in control these past 2 years. They have basically told us that our views don’t matter!I realize these issues do not matter to every Hoosier but they DO matter to the majority of Hoosiers, as expressed in many statewide polls and surveys.It’s time to look forward to the upcoming 8 months where we will have the opportunity, once again, to regain control of the Indiana House by electing 51 Republicans and by electing a Republican Speaker. The differences between our two parties are vast and we will certainly be in for a battle. Whoever controls the Indiana House controls every piece of legislation filed for the next 2 years.
Please go to my website www.jackiewalorski.com and sign up today and join in the momentum that is moving our State forward!